We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Carboot, Mayson's, and More

Mayson's
Saturday night Kyra, Lauren, Riley, and I went out to eat at an Italian restaurant in town. It was so good and the staff was amazing. They were so funny and joked around a lot. I will be definitely be going back again soon. Afterwords we went to Mayson's and Tyler joined us. It was a fun night and we met some locals. An older man named Chris and a guy our age, Gigger. Chris told us everything we need to watch out for while going out in Scotland and about growing up in Scotland. Gigger was friendly and quite the prankster. It was a fun night but me and Lauren were back and in bed by 11pm. On Sunday we went to the Carboot sale in Edinburgh. Basically it's like a Flea market/garage sale where people sell stuff out of the trunk of the car. it was a cool experience, but a little to packed for me. I didn't end up buying anything because I am trying to save my money for London this weekend. After the sale we went to Starbucks and it as nice to taste something familiar, like home. We all came back and decided to take some naps. Later Tyler and I walked into town to get some to go pizza and came back to watch the Olympics. Can't miss those! My roommates came down as well and we had a 6 hour Olympic marathon, it was great! Late last night I talked to Mom, Dad, and Katie on the phone and it was nice to hear their voices, especially Dad's since I haven't talked to him in 2 weeks.
My roommates Lauren and Kyra with Riley!
Today I had class and the went into Edinburgh with Anna, Kaitlynn, and Christina because they needed to get some things and I was done with class for the day. I went for a nice long run around the estate today and it felt so good to breath in the fresh air. I swear no place has more crisp and fresh air then Scotland. For desert tonight Henry made the most divine chocolate cake I have ever tasted, it was mouthwatering. On my run today I had a lot of time to think and I realized how lucky I was to be able to study abroad on my own and coming into this experience knowing no one. I believe it really helps you see who you are and find out things you never knew about yourself. It helps point you in the right direction and helps you discover who you want to be. It's hard to explain until you do it for yourself, but it's like you just feel so free. Free of troubles back home, free to be yourself or recreate yourself, and free to see and do anything you want. Travel might consist of making mistakes, but that's something so small in the big picture and plus you learn from your mistakes. You know what they say if you're not making mistakes along the way, you're not really living life right.

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun."


Life's an adventure and those who don't travel only read one page.

Cheers,

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment